Saturday, March 17, 2007

My Opinion

I am using my blog today to vent. It is not because of one specific incident,just a gathering of them.

*My purpose here is not to offend anyone,or come across as rude it's just my opinion and how I feel today.*

When I was pregnant with Abigail total strangers would see my bulging belly and think that it meant it was ok to offer unsolicited advice. Of course being the timid gal I was I would politely smile and nod. Of course I was naive enough to think that once I had Abby all would return to normal. Such was not the case!!! I have gotton ALOT of unwanted advice and glances as to how I choose to parent MY child.

For the record......

NO#1 Yes I do wake my child up to feed her,it's called a schedule
NO#2 No I do not feed her cereal yet
NO#3 Yes I do give her"tummy time" everyday
NO#4 Yes I do give her a soother at night

It comes down to this: Every child is unique,therefore what works for me may not work for you.Does that mean were both wrong? Of course not,God loved us enough to give us choice!!!! And in twenty years is it really going to matter that I gave Abigail a soother? No. What will matter is that Abigail knows that she was loved beyond measure!!!!!

6 comments:

Vicki said...

Sorry I asked if were giving her cereal yet and was alarmed that you wake her up to feed her!! Just kidding! That is what is amazing about being a mother ... YOU know what's best for the little one God entrusted to you!

You are a wonderful new mommie!!

Love, Vicki

Amy said...

A girl after my own heart....I love a schedule (you know I do!!!) and soothers are solice in my home..... I haven't yet met an adult I know that still suck one...although I"ve wondered about a few!! Lol. You're doing a fine job girl.
Amy
P.s. I still may give unsolicitated advice, but you're more than welcome to ignore me...lol.

Rhonda said...

I don't think that there is a mother that would disagree with you. When you have your first baby most everyone thinks that you are asking, when you are not.

Yes, of course we practice on our first borns - they survive. We still tease Sarah about that.

God gave us moms the best instincts and we know what our babies need. EVERY BABY IS DIFFERENT!! You will know what is best for your child. Even better than the doctor and a good doctor will tell you so.

You are a wonderful Mom.

Love ya, Rhonda

Anonymous said...

Just to encourage you. My daughter Alyssa needed a soother at bedtime until she was almost 3.

When she graduates with honors from University (and she will!) NO ONE will ever know, remember, or ever care!!

Just go with your gut instinct. You've been wired to be a perfect match for your little one.

redeemed diva said...

I love this post. It is so full of all the thoughts of a new Mom. This is a gem. It's so transparent and yet very Canadian--with your polite apology at the start of your rant. I dont' know you, but I think that you're awesome!

Tamatha said...

lol.....good for you!