Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Ask and You Shall Receive!!!!!!

DAY 6: REFORMATION

If you pray and ask the Lord for guidance,be prepared for it. I did and was not ultimately excited about the answer I received. I really wanted to get involved with the "reformation gang" however was unsure of what to reform{so many choices ha ha } so i prayed and waited an the Lord.....Then came the answer.......



"Learn to step up and use the giftings I have given you" WHAT!!!!! You see my whole life I have ALWAYS been very passive for fear of hurting someones feelings even if it meant sacrificing my own. I know not exactly healthy. I have never liked confrontation,you could say I fear it.......Until now. So after some whining and crying and pleading to God about changing something different,{and of course you all know where that got me} My reformation is to step up and be assertive in every area of my life by knowing who I am in Christ and not to be fearful in that. Already in the last six days I have been challenged in that area,funny how God works!!! It is not easy, however I have a perfect teacher and friend who guides me daily. I know this will become a life changing habit and am filled with excitement to see what happens in the next couple of weeks. It's also nice to know I'm not out there alone.
I am praying for all the "reformation gals" as we continue our journey!!!!!!

8 comments:

Amy said...

You go girl.

Moving right along side ya..
Muah.

Rhonda said...

I am so excited for you.

God loves to show us what we can change when we ask Him. Good for you to be so brave. :)

Love you.

Shaun and Holly said...

Bless you!! It is hard to live outside of what comes to each of us naturally! You are being brave...good girl! ;o)
Holly

Anonymous said...

So proud of you Brandy. You will have the ability to step out, be truthful, but you have a very warm, funny and loving personality that is a gift from God.

You have Him in you and thats all that you need to succeed.

Cheryl

Jodie Jenkins said...

I am a blogger...

I am infiltrating the blogging world...

My sister just had a baby...should I buy her something?

Shari said...

Wow, I am so impressed with your reformation idea. You have obviously put a lot of thought and prayer into this - to come up with such a unique thing.

I will be praying for you to step to the plate, and go beyond being passive to becoming passionate!! I'm sure Jasson will also reap the "benefits" of this new found assertiveness (lol)!!!

With much respect.....I love to watch the woman you are becoming.
Love
Shari

Jen said...

Brandy

This is a difficult reformation , true....but a very rewarding one as well. I too have quite a history of passivity...yet in that place God has challenged me to obey him even when it is not comfortable to do so. I am continuing to be stretched, and am often hearing myself say, "not again Lord..." I would rather be uncomfortable and obedient to Him any day, than stay where I was once comfortable...but maybe missing all that He has for me. I am greedy, I want it ALL!
Go for it, hear HIM, and trust Him...It's all good!
Jen

Tamatha said...

yay for you! I know this is not a recent post or anything...but I am just reading thru everything now so I am excited for you!:o)